In this day and age, email correspondence is quite common. However, that doesn’t mean that all the correspondence your company will send out happens this way. There are many situations where a physical mail piece is necessary and that means it is just as important today to have a letterhead design that projects the right image for your company. If it doesn’t create credibility for your company, it won’t foster the trust that you need it to. Here are some tips about letterhead design to keep in mind whether you are a startup company or in the process of rebranding your company.
- Tip #1 – The paper stock matters. While it is important to have an effective logo and create a premium letterhead design, it won’t impart the same image if you have it printed on subpar paper. Consider a 24 lb. premium smooth stock or an 80 lb. linen stock, for example.
- Tip #2 – Carry over your letterhead design to other materials. Once you have a killer design, don’t be afraid to use it! You can easily use the same effect on business cards, envelopes, mailing inserts, brochures, and much more.
- Tip #3 – Consider a foil stamp. If a foil stamp fits in with your branding, adding it will create a unique letterhead design that is sure to get attention.
- Tip #4 – Always consider your branding. Everything from color choices to typeface should be chosen with your brand in mind. Not doing so could create confusion as to what your company is about. If you have a company tagline, be sure to use it in your letterhead design.
- Tip #5 – Get creative. There is nothing better for differentiating your business than doing something unexpected with your letterhead design. For example, use a bold header, put a design on the back, or do something unique with the white space.
If you would like assistance with letterhead design or any of your branding materials, reach out to us at LS Creative. We have the experience, creativity, and passion needed to be sure that your letterhead and other marketing materials reflect your branding. Need help with branding? We have you covered there too! Call today to learn more.